The Transtion Network website is has been my biggest and most complicated web project to date. It was split into 5 phases beginning in September 2009 with the import and move from their old Transition Towns wiki to a new Drupal-based site. Later stages improved the site and added capacity, with the last phase ending December 2012.
It is big, well used and has a rich set of features including:
- Blogs, news, social reporting, events and feeds from related sites.
- Directories of Initiatives, Projects, Events, People and Resources across the movement - and world.
- Thousands of users (nearing 10,000)
- Extentensive mapping & location views
- Integration with the news Sharing Engine that imports news for initiatives from around the web.
- Organic Groups-based 'Community Microsites' that allow small initiatives to get a well featured web presence without having to run their own site.